Saturday 26 November 2011

That's The Way A Woman Is.

I fancy myself intelligent but find that as I get older I like music that is much stupider than what I used to listen to. This song makes me feel happy. I like that its only lyrics are "Uh huh uh huh huh huh huh huh huh uh huh uh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh that's the way a woman is". There are some other words as well but they are only there to fill in the song until we get to the good "Uh huh uh huh" bit again. You certainly get absolutely no insight into the way a woman is. But you can't argue against a good rhythmn and a good tune. The fact that it makes no sense is irrelevant. In fact, it is probably something to be celebrated. I like that it reminds me of when I first heard music, and what I heard was the overall sound of the record. How loud were the drums, how noisy were the guitars, what was the singer's tone of voice like. This is what was important then and all songs could have gone "Uh huh uh huh huh huh huh huh" for all I cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment